Environmental responsibility is of the utmost importance to all of us at Agapi Beach Resort. Our hotel is one of the Crete Resortsdedicated to preserving and maintaining our surroundings, so that the unparalleled natural beauty of Crete can be treasuredby future generations.
To that end, we have developed an environmental management system, according to the requirements of the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) 14000 family of standards; our goal is to promote an atmosphere that is as ecologically friendly as it is enjoyable.
The enforcement of this environmental management system and its associated legislation is an ongoing effort, and one that we are committed to continuing and improving.
Our environmental policy includes:
- Energy saving measures, water consumption reduction and proper management of sewage and solid waste
- Air quality maintenance
- Protection of the beach and water quality
- Collaboration with neighboring institutions for overall regional maintenance
- Briefing of other regional institutions regarding our sustainability initiatives, in an effort to facilitate cooperation
- Education of all hotel staff regarding environmental management
- Communicating our environmental activities to hotel guests and encouraging their participation
The objectives mentioned above regarding our policy are achieved through the development of concrete and measurable targets, regular inspection of environmental parameters, progress monitoring, restitution inspection and reporting.
Travelife Gold Award 2019
We're proud to announce that we've received for one more year the Travelife Gold Certification, for demonstrating our commitment to sustainability. Our activities include:
- Protecting the environment
- Respecting and treating our employees fairly
- Respecting the local community, including its residents and the safeguard of children
- Protecting the local culture, heritage and wildlife of the destination
- Supporting the local economy and its businesses